Nassau County Criminal Defense Attorney
Being charged with a crime is a harrowing experience, which is why if you are facing criminal charges, the most important thing you can do is speak with a seasoned Nassau County criminal defense attorney who has the tools and experience needed to effectively handle your case. Our legal team has fought on behalf of our clients for years, and we are prepared to fight for you as well. Contact the Law Office of Jacob A. Rudman today to learn more about criminal charges in New York State and how we can help you fight them.
Nassau County Criminal Defense Attorney | Protecting Your Rights
Our firm believes that everyone is innocent until proven guilty, and just because you’ve been accused of a crime does not mean that you did it. Even if you are someone who just needs a second chance, you can depend on our legal team to be your staunch defender, from start to finish.
Our Legal Services
The Law Office of Jacob A. Rudman has significant experience defending clients who’ve been charged with any of the following:
- Assault: Even a simple assault charge can warrant fines, incarceration, and more. If you are facing assault charges, our legal team will work to find a viable defense strategy on your behalf.
- Fraud: Fraud charges are becoming more and more common, especially those involving the internet. Depending on the type and severity of the fraud, you could be looking at very serious legal consequences.
- Domestic Violence: Wrongful domestic violence accusations rip families apart and ruin reputations. Our legal team knows that oftentimes, the best defense against an allegation of domestic violence is the truth, and we can fight to ensure that your side of the story is heard.
- Drug Crimes: Drug crimes are among the most common criminal matters we handle. Whether you’ve been charged with the possession or sale of a drug, you can count on our legal team to fight for you.
- DUIs: Many people make the mistake of driving while intoxicated. Unfortunately, New York courts do not care how much you regret it. If you’ve been accused of driving under the influence, you need an experienced Nassau County criminal defense attorney on your side, as you can bet that your driving privileges, among other things, will be significantly impacted upon conviction.
- Gun Crimes: Though New York State does recognize the Second Amendment, it is also notoriously stringent when it comes to following the state’s gun laws. If you’ve been accused of violating the gun laws here in New York State, you are looking at very serious potential penalties.
- Juvenile Crimes: When a child allegedly commits a crime, their parent is often extremely worried about their future. There are few things worse than starting off life with a criminal record. Fortunately, our firm has significant experience defending children who’ve found themselves caught up in the juvenile system, and we are ready to put that experience to work for you as well.
- Sex Crimes: Those who’ve been charged with sex crimes in New York State will most likely face life-altering criminal penalties, oftentimes including being forced to register as a sex offender.
- Shoplifting: Many people do not consider shoplifting to be a particularly serious crime, especially compared to the severity of some other crimes, however, the consequences of a shoplifting conviction are often very serious, including high fines, jail time, and more.
- Violent Crimes: Violent crimes, such as robbery or murder, often come with some of the harshest penalties one can face, even at times resulting in life imprisonment. If you’ve been charged with a violent crime, you need to speak with an experienced Nassau County criminal defense attorney today.
Misdemeanor Vs. Felony Charges
When someone is charged with a crime, they will most likely receive either a misdemeanor or a felony. In most cases, the harshest crimes are considered felonies, and as such, are often coupled with the most serious consequences. That being said, you should note that whether you received a felony or misdemeanor charge, you have a lot at stake, including high fines, jail time, and you will most likely have a criminal record, which can follow you for years down the line.
Long-Term Consequences of a Criminal Record
When someone develops a criminal record, it means that law enforcement and, in most cases, the general public, will have access to the knowledge of the crime that individual committed. As you can imagine, this comes with several potential long-term consequences, including the following, to name a few:
- Prospective employers will know that you’ve committed a crime, making it harder to secure employment.
- If you are convicted of a sex offense, you will most likely become a registered sex offender.
- If you are convicted of a DUI, you will most likely lose your license.
- A criminal conviction can impact your immigration status.
- You may not be able to receive certain loans.
- You may no longer live in or rent certain places.
These are just some of the ways in which a criminal record can affect your life in the long term, which is why it is so important that you do not face them without a knowledgeable Nassau County criminal defense attorney on your side.
Contact a Nassau County Criminal Defense Attorney
The bottom line is that if you’ve been charged with a crime or even a traffic violation of any sort, the time to act is now. Our firm serves clients throughout New York State, including those in Suffolk County, Long Island, Westbury, Garden City, Jericho, Hempstead, Oyster Bay, and North Hempstead. Contact the Law Office of Jacob A. Rudman to schedule your initial consultation with our legal team today. We are prepared to fight in your corner through every step of the legal process ahead.