Experienced DWAI Drug Offender Defense Attorneys
Driving while impaired by drugs carries severe penalties. Our attorneys at the Law Office of Jacob A. Rudman have more than 40 years of experience defending clients facing DWAI charges.
Our law firm has successfully represented clients in Nassau County and Suffolk County who have been charged with these offenses. We are skilled at plea negotiations as well as hearings and trials.
Penalties Can Vary By Offense
We know how to pursue the best strategy in your specific case. We review all the facts to achieve the best possible disposition in your case.
Depending on the specific charges, the penalties for Driving While Ability Impaired by drugs or from a combination of alcohol and drugs vary:
- DWAI-drug: $500 to $1,000 fine, up to one year in jail and license suspended for at least six months
- Second DWAI-drug offense in 10 years (E felony): $1,000 to $5,000 fine, up to four years in jail and license revoked for at least one year
- Third DWAI-drug offense in 10 years (D felony): $2,000 to $10,000 fine, up to seven years in jail and license revoked for at least one year
- DWAI combination: $500 to $1,000 fine, up to one year in jail and license revoked for at least six months
- Second DWAI combination in 10 years (E felony): $1,000 to $5,000 fine, up to four years in jail and license revoked for at least one year
Your vehicle may also be impounded and searched by the police which can result in other criminal charges. We know how difficult the criminal justice system can be–you need our services. We are here to help you every step of the way.
Contact Our Experienced Lawyers
Call us today at (516) 450-5095 or contact us online. We will help you.